In this article, we’re going to answer the question “are board games dying?”
Because of the immense popularity of online games, board games are being considered to be dead. That is absolutely not true. The reason why people are not being able to justify the popularity of board games is that it doesn’t has its record of how many people are playing board games and for how much time. On the other side, online games have their data completely recorded and organized. We can know everything about an online game, such as the average time it’s being played, the total number of players. Though we can get an estimate of the total count of board players by looking at the sales. But that would be very un-efficient to calculate things like that.
The reason why board games can’t die:
There are a number of reasons why board games can’t die:
- Humans have a great history with board games. It’s been played for years. It’s a human nature to interact with other humans to have fun and board games are meant to provide this facility for humans to enjoy games with other humans.
- Board games have also been played competitively around the world like chess. Because of the immense popularity of chess. Many people around the world spend their lives learning chess so that they can compete in chess championships.
- Board games are actually beneficial in each and every way I.e. they don’t have any physical hazards because of playing as the online games have. Even scientists have said that playing board games can cause mental benefits for kids.
- You can develop so many skills by playing board games i.e. long time focus, seeing the game through other person’s perspective which increases perspective knowledge, also other soft skills that every person should have.
- Board games help children to learn new things. We all know children learn things by playing and having fun with the learning material. Modern education system is introducing board games to help children learn certain things that makes the things easy to learn.
Future of Board Games:
The success of board games has never declined in the past decade. It’s been growing continuously. A lot of board games coming up to create more versatile board games as there’s so much that can be done in board games. It started with a piece of cloth on which people used to play games, now we play on glasses and wooden boards and lots of other materials has come in the way. That’s why can never judge the decline of board games as it will continue to grow.
Moreover, board games cafes are being evolved to give people an opportunity to get together and have a great time. From this, you can pretty much imagine the success of board games in the upcoming future. Families make get together to play board games and spend quality time together. This shows the beauty of games that is never going to die.
The answer is, absolutely no. The board games are never going to die as they’ve created an extremely profound relation with humans. Also, the statistics show that there’s going to be more development in the manufacturing of board games. More companies are coming up to manufacture more unique board games. There’s so much more to be done if we start talking about the development of board games like board games cafes are evolving, also the use of unique material in the manufacturing of different kinds of board games.